8.12.08

i'm sorry this is a bit late. i know for some readers this is being posted after midnight on the 9th. computer problems and all. i try. i really do.

i did have something all typed up to put in this space. stuff about trust and honesty but i'm not using my regular computer so i don't have that file with me. i will post it next week.

i was very pleased with the thanksgiving challenge last week so i think i will start incorporating that into a regular feature. it most likely won't be weekly. probably once a month will be all i can do to come up with good challenges that a good number of folks will be interested in responding to. i want to try to keep them topical and seasonal also. this is a bit of a challenge for myself so you all will just have to stay tuned to see how i do.

thank you again for trusting me with your secrets. keep telling folks about the project please. tell them about postsecret and textsecret. encourage them to participate and subscribe. and please, if you are thinking of hurting yourself or are hurting yourself currently, ask for help and get treatment. so much help is available you just need to ask.

have a safe week...

here are this week's secrets...
  • after years of letting acne destroy my life accutane saved me. i don't care about the risks and side effects. it was sooo worth it. i finally feel beautiful.
  • i go through my ex's comments and top friends and automatically hate every girl on there, no matter who they are, out of mad jealousy.
  • i'm angry at myself for really falling for him and being stupid enough to still love him after he left me.
  • i wish the texts about being in love with a best friend were about me.
  • i think about him 24/7 and sometimes i think he loves me too…
  • i wish you would tell me what is under your bed...
  • i despise someone i've never met and i hope he's miserable every single day.
  • i wish i was disciplined enough to have an eating disorder so i can finally be thin enough to love myself.
  • i'm 18, i might be pregnant, and even though i am young, i will take the best damn care of this kid as i possibly can.
  • i tried not to fall so hard this time, but i did. he made it easy to want to love him. he broke my heart, and even though i still love him,
  • i will never forgive him.
  • i moved to oregon to live with my mom and dad and run away from a broken heart. the pain in georgia is still with me here. now i just want to kill myself so i don't have to cry every night.
  • i tried to kill myself. i'm 13. i'm truly broken that it didn't work, but i would never try again, because i'm scared of what my mother would think. she scares me so much.
  • i hate my best friend's boyfriend because now she would rather be with him. i liked it better when they were broken up during the summer.
  • i hope we don't qualify to rent the house so that i won't have to see my sister cry because she'll miss me i think i'll miss her most.
  • i think i'm starting to fall in love with an older boy. he makes me feel so special and loved. i'm more excited about the possibilities with him than anything.
  • sometimes i wonder if she thinks about me the same way i think about her. hopefully i'll have the guts to do what i've been dying to do for so long.
  • i'm lost and alone.
  • i think i have a hair fetish.
  • i've been a prima ballerina for 16 years and never felt pressured to lose weight. i have a huge show in two weeks. i will starve myself until then.
  • everyday i fight my desires in order to remain sane just because my fantasies are considered deviant.
  • to the 29 year old afraid of the dark: i'm 33 and push my dresser in front of my bedroom door every night because the dark outside of my room terrifies me so much.
  • i had a miscarriage last summer but i didn't even tell anyone i was pregnant because i wasn't sure who the daddy was.
  • i'm waiting until the final minute to do all of my final projects for this semester. i've never felt such a rush.
  • i'm in love with two people but engaged to only one.
  • kiss me like you mean it!
  • i like textsecret best because my secrets get posted unlike postsecret where i'm never good enough.
  • i have terrifying dreams of murderers and stalkers that turn into waking nightmares when i wake up but can't move at all and am still dreaming.
  • i pretend to be happy so i don't make my friends feel bad. i see them happy and it makes me feel even worse. i'm afraid i'll always be this lonely.
  • it's ok if he doesn't love me but if i tell him then i'll know for certain and i'll know he's too good for me; just like his friends tell him.
  • i got high with my dad and not even my best friend knows.
  • she makes me want to hurt her or, even more so, myself. i've thought about suicide just so i won't have to listen.
  • i still love you x. i'm not over this and i'm afraid i never will be.
  • i cry every time i take a pregnancy test and it comes back negative. it makes me feel like a failure as a woman.
  • you never gave me closure and i need it so bad….
  • while i was winning races and getting a's in school he was slipping through the cracks and needed help but no one noticed. last night he got arrested.
  • on my sweet16 i was 86 pounds and one of the unhappiest people i knew. by my 17th i hope to have lost 10 more pounds.
  • one day im gonna stand up and punch that kid who teases the quiet girls in study hall in the face.
  • i'm terrified to delete the pictures off of my phone and computer in case the people in them die and i'll never see them again.
  • my dad died two weeks before my 18th birthday. 2 days before he die i told him i hated him. it was the only time i had ever told him that. i blame myself. i'm sorry.
  • my morbidity frightens me.
  • i love my bf so much i want us to have a future together. get married, have kids, and everything. i'm only sixteen though.
  • i think I'm in love with him (and it terrifies me).
  • i'm sweaty, been up for 18 hours, and starving. i had my first dance recital tonight and the way my bf looked at me when i was up there made me feel beautiful again.
  • i stay up all night hoping to hear the words, "you're beautiful" from anyone. i have extremely low self-esteem.
  • i don't cut because i'm sad, i cut because it pleasures me. the best place to cut is the hip bone. two slices a night seems a fair reward for each day i endure.
  • i only stand for the pledge of allegiance because of my airman. he defends my freedom and i stand to honor him.
  • when ppl ask why we aren't dating i just laugh and say because we're bffs. really i want to scream, "i don't know! i fucking love him!" and i really hope he loves me the same.
  • i peed the bed once and blamed the dog.
  • "did my heart love until now? forswear it for i never saw true beauty till this night" is how i felt the first time i saw him and that hasn't changed even after 6 months.
  • i keep looking for love in all of the wrong places. the only reason i keep looking is because when i was in love was the only time i've ever been happy.
  • even though it's been seven months, i still think about you every single day.
  • i don't open up well and i'm afraid it will ruin my relationship someday. i'm only open and honest when i text strangers.
  • i'm sick of being ditched because her mom likes those friends better.
  • i'm scared for my friend, that he will hurt himself and i won't be able to help. he's pushed me away and i don't know where he is.
  • i love you but because you're a boy and i'm a girl ppl think it's a romantic love. you're a great friend who makes me feel useful and i'm happy to be here to save you.
  • my exbf says he loves his new gf all the while keeping a huge secret from her; me.
  • i'm falling in love again and i thought i never would. it might be because he reminds me of my first love. i hope he stays with me.
  • i just tricked my best friend into telling me her darkest secrets.
  • i don't trust anyone.
  • i am 20 and have never been kissed or done anything with a guy because i'm always told my friend is hot instead of me. i'm afraid i never will.
  • i heard the old conway twitty song "it's only make believe" and realized it is exactly us, or me, and i don't know what to do about it.
  • what scared me most when i was waking was when i realized i would never be able to take my life. now i have nothing to get me through the days.
  • if i were removed from the equation the world would be a better place.
  • i miss her so much and wish we could rewind and do it all again. i want to tell her but i'm afraid she doesn't want me anymore.
  • you told me how you feel but you haven't proven it. until you can make me feel special again i won't believe you.
  • i've had sex with my sister's ex twice now. it would kill her if she knew. i'm not attracted to him, i just need a warm body next to me sometimes.
  • i love her more than life itself but i sometimes get scared that i'm not really gay.
  • i feel like a horrible person for thinking my friend is annoying when she goes on about what happened to her.
  • i pray everyday that i'll get into a fatal accident because i don't have the balls to off myself.
  • my ex asked if i had sent nude pics of myself to a friend and i lied and said no. i didn't want him to know and think i'm a slut because i still love him and want him back.
  • you were right. i am giving up on you.
  • i've never tried to kill myself and i'm not in love with anyone. i feel very alone reading this blog.
  • i must clean. dust is the devil's snow.
  • i love my bf but i seek attention from random guys because i'm so insecure. i wish i could change.
  • i still get giddy when he calls even if i'm mad at him. i just can't help it.
  • my mind is so capable of dark and twisted thought it scares me.

No comments: